Association Members - Log into the forum to see the main sections and post messages; only the For Sale and Wanted sections are available to non members to read

Leisure 20 - For Sale -£1,350 Heating available!

Leisure Yachts for Sale, Advertise a Leisure Yacht here - free for 6 months. Members can post adverts directly, non members may e-mail adverts to administrator@leisureowners.org.uk This forum contains a sub-forum for Yachts Wanted.
Barry911
Member-Broads
Name: Barry Carter
Region: Broads
Boat Name: Cervinia
Yacht Type: Leisure 20

Leisure 20 - For Sale -£1,350 Heating available!

Post by Barry911 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:25 pm

Time for a change, so my faithful L20 is up for sale. She's been absolutely fantastic and a brilliant place to stay for long weekends on the Broads.

Yellow hull / white over.
Pushpit / pulpit.
Stanchions (not currently fitted).
Plastimo roller furling.
Mainsail and genoa around 2010 and still very good (sacrificial strip a little faded admittedly).
Mainsail cover.
Good, regularly serviced with impeller last year, Mariner 6hp four stroke with external fuel tank and battery charging.
Small solar panel and genuine leisure battery.
Full electrics including internal lighting throughout, 12v outlet and navigation lights.
Single burner stove (Camping Gaz) with 2x new cylinders.
Adjustable table.
Fire equipment as required (2x extinguishers, 1x fire blanket).
A-frame, plus all cruising equipment for the Broads: 2x rond anchor, 1x mudweight (rigged to operate from cockpit: extremely useful and effective!). Heavy duty mooring weight (high winds, or for fore-aft mud-weighting), 2x mooring lines, 4x matching fenders.
Cockpit cushions.
Oddly, the aft berth cushions are in fabric (which match the cockpit ones) and the vee-berth ones are vinyl.
Thetford toilet with supply of chemicals.
Curtains throughout, including privacy between cabins.

Cervinia is a well loved and well used yacht. She's been a faithful companion and with her very generous accommodation, sturdy build and kindly nature has been an excellent introduction to Broads sailing. I've had her for about six years. When I bought her she really needed a repaint to look good. She still does! She would benefit from some general tidying really, but is a lot better than many. When she's clean however she doesn't look bad and the price reflects the condition.

Currently has Boat Safety scheme until March 2019.

As she sits, she has a Propex 2000 heating system fitted. Truly excellent and highly recommended. I was going to remove this and move it to my new yacht, but would include for a bargainous £300. Honestly, this absolutely transforms the boat in the early spring and late autumn. There are two outlets: one in the fore-cabin (can be aimed at the bed to pre-warm it) and the other in the main cabin. This I have strategically placed so it can warm the area in front of the sink: perfect when you have your early morning wash. I fabricated a 1.2mm steel gas-locker for the 3.9KG bottle and the entire system has passed the BSS with no issues. To be clear, this is a dry-air heating system that uses very little from the battery and seems incredibly frugal on gas as well. I'm still on the original cylinder from about four years ago! System was new when fitted.

Also available: a one season old (Summer 2018) river jib by Jeckells. Custom made for Cervinia. Cost £490, if bought with boat, £250. Really helps with the tacking.

I'm sure we could chat about a single price for the whole package: yacht, heating and river jib. Let's say £1750 all in. Essentially everything you need to go sailing straight away, tidying as the mood takes you.

I'll be taking pictures when I visit her this coming weekend, but do have some on file: just ring and I'll send them over.

Currently lying Stalham, north Norfolk Broads.

Many thanks, Barry Carter 01435 830153 / 07741 273865